To have your physical therapy be covered by your health insurance, you are required to have a referral or prescription from your physician, download the referral form and have your physician complete it. However, Hawaii is a direct access state, therefore if you would like to pay privately, you do not need a referral. Please call us for our rates at 875-6690 in Kihei.
Your insurance card is required if you want us to bill on your behalf. Our patient coordinator would then call your insurance company to check eligibility and benefit coverage. Kihei Physical Therapy participates with the following insurances:
- BCBS of Hawaii or HMSA
- Kaiser Added Choice
- United Healthcare
- Medicare and replacement/supplemental plans
- No Fault MVA
- Worker Compensation
NOTE: If you do not see your insurance company listed, please call our office for verification of your benefits.
We also offer private pay options and accept major credit cards.
Evaluation and Treatment includes:
- Begins with a current medical history and overall health assessment.
- Then a Functional Movement Analysis is conducted to assess range of motion, strength, neurological changes and ability to perform specific fundamental tasks.
- Based on findings a customized treatment plan and goals will be designed to help you achieve recovery as quickly and safely as possible.
- Since your understanding and participation are essential to achieve your treatment goals, you will be taught strategies and be given a home exercise program to take control of your body and its healing process from day one. Education is an essential piece of what we do as physical therapists.
- Open communication is vital between you and your therapist, and we encourage you to ask questions during the course of your therapy.
- Throughout the treatment, you will gain valuable knowledge that empowers you to take control of your physical health and well being.
All documents including physician referral, patient information / history form and other documents are located below and available for download.
To help expedite the new patient setup, please download, print and fill out all forms below and bring them with you on your first visit.
CLICK ARROW TO DOWNLOAD DOCUMENT